Fair Trade Coffee Sale sign now

We, the consumers, are asking Tim Horton's, Second Cup, Dominion, Price Chopper, Loblaws, and Food Basics to sell fair trade coffee.
Only 3 percent out of the 25 million coffee farmers found worldwide are receiving fair wages. The other 97 percent are being subjected to working in poor conditions, such as working overtime without compensation. Farmers that are not part of a fair trade partnership receive only 30-50 cents per lb, which would earn them a meager $500-1000 each year. With fair trade, the farmers get paid $1.26 per lb, or $1.41 if the coffee is organic. Fair trade ensures a steady living wage, so the farmers can support themselves as well as their families.

The problem that prevents farmers all over the world from receiving decent wages is the lack of fair trade coffee that is easily accessable. We are asking various popular supermarkets and coffee shops to start stocking fair trade coffee products- if they are readily available, we are willing to purchase them.

Sign The Petition

Sign with Facebook
OR

If you already have an account please sign in, otherwise register an account for free then sign the petition filling the fields below.
Email and the password will be your account data, you will be able to sign other petitions after logging in.

Privacy in the search engines? You can use a nickname:

Attention, the email address you supply must be valid in order to validate the signature, otherwise it will be deleted.

I confirm registration and I agree to Usage and Limitations of Services

I confirm that I have read the Privacy Policy

I agree to the Personal Data Processing

Shoutbox

Who signed this petition saw these petitions too:

Sign The Petition

Sign with Facebook
OR

If you already have an account please sign in

Comment

I confirm registration and I agree to Usage and Limitations of Services

I confirm that I have read the Privacy Policy

I agree to the Personal Data Processing

Goal reached !
200 / 100

Latest Signatures

  • 26 December 2015200. Amanda P
    I support this petition
  • 14 December 2015199. Katherine H
    I fully support this petition, and think that this is a worthy cause to look into.
  • 25 November 2015198. Martin C
    I support this petition
  • 08 November 2015197. Heidi H
    I support this petition
  • 05 November 2015196. Val K
    I support this petition
  • 01 November 2015195. James B
    Many other things available in these stores could be fair trade as well, such as bananas and lots of other fresh fruit.
  • 11 October 2015194. Simon C
    I support this petition
  • 03 October 2015193. Rod P
    Encourage shade-grown, Fair Trade coffee to protect farmers, forests -- and birds.
  • 21 September 2015192. Claudette B
    I support this petition
  • 19 September 2015191. Anisha Dyer
    I support this petition
  • 17 September 2015190. Susie G
    I support this petition
  • 03 September 2015189. Carolyn P
    I support this petition
  • 02 September 2015188. Megan Y
    I support this petition
  • 29 August 2015187. Brad J
    I support this petition
  • 26 August 2015186. Laura M
    I support this petition
  • 20 August 2015185. Michael K
    I support this petition
  • 17 August 2015184. Heide M
    I support this petition
  • 05 August 2015183. Rohana H
    I support this petition
  • 28 July 2015182. Olivia B
    I support this petition
  • 26 July 2015181. Avery B
    If the local coffee shops can do it, certainly the big box ones can
  • 20 July 2015180. Brittany Warner
    I support this petition
  • 16 July 2015179. Melanie H
    I support this petition
  • 09 July 2015178. Susan B
    I support this petition
  • 07 July 2015177. Niki Newton
    I support this petition
  • 30 June 2015176. Meagan M
    I support this petition
  • 12 June 2015175. Amy B
    Please
  • 10 June 2015174. Loanne C
    I support this petition

browse all the signatures

Information

Kathleen YoungBy:
Justice, rights and public orderIn:
Petition target:
Sobey's (Price Chopper), Tim Horton's, Second Cup, Loblaws, Food Basics, Dominion

Tags

No tags

Share

Invite friends from your address book

Embed Codes

direct link

link for html

link for forum without title

link for forum with title

Widgets