Agincourt and Putman - Western Area Review sign now
We, the undersigned, do not support the changes proposed for Agincourt Road Public School and J.H. Putman Public School in the Initial Report for the Western Area Review.
These changes raise many concerns, including:
- Severe overcrowding at Agincourt Road Public School (122% capacity in 2017 and increasing), with no justification or urgency for the immediate closure of J.H. Putman, as both schools are already over capacity. This would mean expanded use of portables, and would place particular strain on already busy common areas, such as the gymnasia, library, fountains, and washrooms.
- A lack of middle school facilities at Agincourt, including a cafeteria, music room, lockers, and others.
- Sending English Program students to a school well outside of their neighbourhood, requiring a longer bus ride. It is preferable to keep English Program students at Agincourt, or to direct them to D. Roy Kennedy if a move is unavoidable.
- The potential loss of the many clubs and programs that J.H. Putman offers, including the valuable Breakfast Program.
- Additional bus and car traffic. Traffic flow on Agincourt Road is already a challenge during peak times, and especially when weather is poor and in the winter.
As an alternative, we propose that the board permit Agincourt Road and J.H. Putman to continue to function together to deliver JK-8 EFI and English programs until such time that Agincourt has been permanently expanded to accommodate JK-8 programming in a single facility.
Sign The Petition
Who signed this petition saw these petitions too:
Sign The Petition
If you already have an account please sign in
Help keep Online Petition free!
Please consider making a small donation today. This will allow us to keep Agincourt and Putman - Western Area Review alive and available to a wide audience.
Every cent you give goes toward maintaining the website and the petitions. Even a small contributions helps!
Support the Cause
17 November 20161. Agincourt Road School Council
I support this petition